Thursday 1 July 2010

Leicestershire County Council delaying tactics















Above: Castle Donington L87 blocked during the Download Festival

I am still waiting to hear from LCC about the closure of the Donington Path during the Download Festival.

I originally contacted them on 16 June. The Rights of Way Office then passed me on to their Highways Office in Mountsorrel. After hearing nothing from them I wrote to the officer concerned a week later. It has taken a week to acknowledge an email and letter sent to the officer. Today I have received a letter saying that I will have to wait up to 28 days or even longer to receive a reply.

Derbyshire gave me the information for the path on their side of the border in minutes.

Why do the wheels turn so slowly across the county border?

No comments: